Friend emojis snapchat ideas
Some things just need a tiny hat
2014.12.10 16:45 daguilar1990 Some things just need a tiny hat
This is a pretty simple subreddit for posting tiny hats on animals, people, and everyday objects using Snapchat. Be it a calm hound resting near a fireplace, or a telephone at your office. Everything is made instantly better with a tiny hat.
2015.04.06 23:47 LookingForSomeoneWho: post what you need, and get responses!
This is a subreddit where you can post what you need (whether it be a snapchat friend, a videogame partner, or a date!) and get responses.
2023.05.30 23:34 jhk84 First time playing. Going in blind. Just beat the 4th Palace here is wave 4 of my way off predictions.
Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!
I actually wrote up a post right after the 4th palace. Then I played a bit and they dropped so much more info that I had to toss it. Tomorrow is the trip to Hawaii so I thought this was a good point to stop and make another round of predictions.
The 4th palace is my favorite so far. There was so much symbolism to look into and I really liked the whole cursed gem bit. The end boss was a little annoying.
Things are really picking up pace. I had so many questions that were answered like 20 min later. They're really starting reveal some important details.
This is what I have as of now. In addition to my way off predictions there are also a few bits of info I'm that I'm not sure how they fit yet and some general impressions. I tried to keep it short (I failed).
Please no spoilers for any of the Persona games. This is my first and I plan on picking up 3/4.
After Palace 1 predictions : https://www.reddit.com/Persona5/comments/13odesi/first_time_playing_going_in_blind_my_horribly/
After Palace 2 prediction : https://www.reddit.com/Persona5/comments/13q3q9j/first_time_playing_going_in_blind_just_beat_the/
After Palace 3 predictions: https://www.reddit.com/Persona5/comments/13sl0vp/first_time_playing_going_in_blind_just_beat_the/
Futaba/Alibaba and somehow Morgana
---tinfoil hat time---
- The squid girl from the movie finally gets a name.
- Futaba's mom is the curry lady (Wakaba)!
- the phone call Sojiro had about a printer not being the right one makes soooo much sense now. I knew he was taking care of someone but I thought it was an old lady. Honestly thought there were going for a cheap laugh were she kept on printing out pictures of snowball or something.
- translated some of the binary on the walls of her palace into ASCII looking for a secret message but they were just the same odd symbols that were on the doors and such.
- Futaba picked Alibaba as her hacker alias. before we get to see the whole Egypt / pyramid theme of her palace it seemed like a really odd choice.
- It could be just a cool name that the writers picked but "Chekhov's gun" states that every element introduced in a story should be necessary to the plot. If the gun isn't going to be fired then the audience doesn't need to see it being loaded - or something like that.
- It got me thinking and for sure I remembered the name Alibaba but had forgotten the details of the story. I did a quick search and was able to find the story pretty easily.
- Short version : Alibaba was a dude who stole a bunch of riches from some thieves. Alibaba is living the good life when the thieves track him down and make plans to kill him. The plans are stopped by Alibaba's slave who kills the thieves.
- Alibaba's slave was named .... wait for it .... Morgiana! Mind effing blown! That's way too similar to Morgana not to be important.
- Morgiana was female. Early in the game Ann ask Morgana if it's a boy or a girl. It says of course it's a boy, but it also says that it is human.Morgana might be the Male version of Morgiana but this throws it's gender into question too. It's not like anyone had checked between it's legs as far as I can tell. (also where does it do it's business I haven't seen a litter box).
- Add to this the "birth" flashback that Morgana had
- Morgana is an unwilling servant (aka a slave) to the big bad which is trapped in the deepest part of mementos
- The big bad was able to squeeze through the crack in his prison just enough to deposit a small amount of it's power in the metaverse this power took the form of Morgana.
- The Morgana in the dream had yellow eyes. still going with yellow eyes = metaverse native.
- He was programmed to want to find the deepest part of Mementos at all cost so he could free the big bad.
- His attraction to human desires was not intentional. He got sidetracked from his mission and got caught by Kamoshida.
- Meeting joker was a stroke of luck.
- He keeps telling us that he's using us for his own goals and that he just needs pawns.
- We're made to think that this is just a defensive move to avoid talking about his real feelings but I see a perfect opportunity for a "I told you I was just using you all" scene after the big bad flips some switch later on.
- Most of Morgana's battle functions are getting replaced by other members. Makoto and Futba are both doing the combat calls now. Morgana will leave the party soon.
- Something will happen to Morgana that will flip his switch while the PT are in Hawaii
- Morgiana killed the thieves.... The big bad will take control of Morgana at one point and we will have to fight shadow Morgana or something to get the cat back.
- Was almost thinking Morgana could be the one who betrays us but no one can understand him and even Akechi would have trouble selling the whole "my informant is a cat" thing to Sae.
- A big problem with Kasumi is we know shes going to be a badass by the time the casino heist comes around but right now she's the complete opposite of the person who saves Joker. This isn't like Makoto who is a bad ass and was just holding back. Kasumi is 100% a wet noodle right now.
- Add to that the my weak self relied on you so much line and there is little doubt she has a split personality disorder of some sort.
- They also dropped a major clue for Kasumi after the 3rd palace. She had a sister who died.
- My fist thought was she never had a sister and just had two distinct personalities that were separate but equal to each other. Each would take control at different points and her mind created a fake sister to explain any inconsistencies with her memories. At some point one of her personalities (the sister) was repressed.
- The problem with this is her interactions with joker she doesn't seem like a totally different person just more sure of herself. like her week self is the Kasumi we know now and her complete self is the one we fight with.
- She could have really had a sister and the trauma of the loss sent her into a downward spiral of depression. So *someone* did something to her to repress the negative emotions.
- Her gymnastic slump is important. what ever was done to her was the cause of her slump. Shes missing something of herself which is why she says that her body doesn't move the way she wants it to.
- Current theory is some part of her is locked away. It's not separate, but a piece of the whole person that we fight along side with at the casino. At some point between now and then her two halves will join.
- This brings up the question of what's up with her dad? Unless your some sort bad person wouldn't you notice such a drastic change in your kid?
- Either dad works for the government and was ok experimenting on Kasumi or he somehow thinks whatever was done to her was for the best . Like her current state is better than what was before so this is the cure.
- explains why she transferred schools. He dad claims to work at a TV station (could be a cover). It's not like he would have to move for a new job. If she had a major personality change then her old classmates and teachers would notice. this would cause Kasumi to question her reality which could cause it to fail. moving to a new school removes this issue.
- This would have to go above standard therapy. Either hypnosis or cognitive psience.
- something is going to happen to her dad. we got the glasses shopping scene to show us how close they are. This will be her motivation for going into the metaverse.
- when her persona awakens the mental barrier will be taken down.
- She only has a 5 star confidant rank. It's not like Maruki who still has his card symbol but won't advance till the story does.
- The other 5 starts will be with her "other" personality. After whatever was done to her is undone she's going to be a mess and will turn to Joker.
- something will happen to her while we are in Hawaii. Only reason for her to let us know she was leaving the country of a bit. she might not actually be leaving the country and just be having more mental work done on her.
- He want's to legit help people.
- Thinks that traditional therapy is not effective enough. Want to develop a medicine or medical procedure to actually fix people's negative emotions.
- with the introduction of cognative psience we now know the method that he's going to use to attempt this. (could be he already did a test run or two).
- Although his intentions are good things are going to wrong very very wrong.
- After the 2nd exams he talks to joker about not meeting peoples expectations. This comes right after some girls were gossiping about Kasumi in the halls.
- Total misdirection. Since the phantom thieves are making all sorts of waves, the Agency is putting pressure on him to complete his research. This will lead to mistakes being made.
- Eventually his logic will change to "It's better to feel nothing than to feel pain" - this will be his I still think I'm a good guy logic.
- Unless he is also a persona user then were going to visit his palace.
- The first time Joker goes to see Maruki he runs into Kasumi and she tells Joker that she has been seeing Maruki for some time.
- Add to that the line Sae's Boss says on 6/23 "This incident happened at the school you're supposed to be presiding over..." and we have a clear connection from Sae's Boss to the principle at Joker's school.
- He also seemed to be bothered that the Kamoshisa change of heart happened at Shujin like he was aware that something special was going on there.
- This set off all the alarms. The new girl who happens to be a badass persona user transfers to the school and a month later her doctor gets assigned to the very same school. He was hired by the principal who just happens to work for Sae's boss. Sae's boss knows of the metaverse and so does Maruki.
- Maruki was assigned to Kasumi's school to keep tabs on her and make sure whatever he did to her stuck. The Kamoshida incident was just the excuse they needed to bring him in.
- He either developed cognitive psience on his own or was giving Wakaba's research by the Agency.
Twins / Butterfly Lady
- he has to be the one who betrays the group.
- Keeps putting idea's in Sae's head
- At some point Sae will catch on that Akechi is messing with her.
- working with Shido but not for him. Has his own goals or works for the big bad.
- says he has to catch the PT "for the sake of my justice" combine that with the arcade scene where he ask joker what kind of justice he believes in and Akechi is def bad. He's not after "justice" but "my justice" which sounds a lot like revenge. Has something to do with his father. If the PT crew keep operating they're going to ruin his chance for revenge.
- He will frame the PT by sending a fake calling card and then killing that persons shadow.
- The number of new confidants that unlock after the 3rd palace was a bit overwhelming but It did give me plenty of chances to watch the new confidant unlock scenes. It got me thinking about what it actually says. Just picked the fortune confidant for this but any would have worked.
- I am thou, thou art I - we are one and the same
- thou hast acquired a new vow. - you just unlocked a new confidant. to quote Jose "Good Job!"
- It shall become the wings of rebellion that breaketh thy chains of captivity. - butterflies have wings also still talking about Joker "thy chains of captivity". We are like a caterpillar and when we obtain out true power we will become a butterfly (not literally). the chains could be a the cocoon that the butterfly breaks out of.
- With the birth of the Fortune Persona I have obtained the winds of blessing that - creatures with wings (like a butterfly) ride the wind. Is now referring to herself in this line "I have obtained..."
- shall lead to freedom and new power..." - It's over 9000!
- The butterfly lady is our persona or at the very least out power levels are connected.
- Part of the butterfly lady's power is sealed in joker. Was not intentional but will be the key to rejoining the twins.
- When there is a fusion alarm the twins do this adorable back stretch where one kicks her legs. They then do this weird like side stretch that looks like the fusion dance from Dragon Ball Z.
- Not working for the thing that made Morgana.
- Morgana had no knowledge of the skill cards and his mind exploded when joker captured the pixie.
- Even though he's not bad he's still not good.
- Has some cosmic role to fill. His job is to prepare for the final battle. He doesn't care who wins just as long as the fight occurs.
- Gave Akechi the metaverse nav but Akechi betrayed him and went rogue which is why he went looking for a new recruit. He took on the twins after so the same mistakes wouldn't be make with joker.
- Says joker will fight someone with powers very similar to his (jokers) own. Akechi has the wildcard too?
Sae's Boss / Shido
- For the record Joker defended him and never once thought he was abusing Futaba.
- Met Wakaba when he worked for the government.
- Feels guilty that he didn't do anything when she said she was going to die. Was he in a position to do so? What did he do for the government?
- After Wakaba was killed he suspected his own government were behind it and left in disgust.
- Sojiro is just awesome. He would take a bullet for any of Joker's friends and die happy knowing he saved someones life.
- He will be the getaway driver after the PT crew breaks joker out. He's the only person we know with a car.
- They refer to it as the metaverse and not the cognitive world. could be the writers just didn't want to add a new term without context or they gained they're knowledge of the metaverse from an "other worldly" being.
Opening Casino Heist
- Is in the opening movie both the heist scene and the smash the city part. Will be joining up.
- Ran in to her in the hall at the star of the game she was labeled as a senior
- Riding in a limo. daddy is loaded.
- At the park cleanup she asked Mishima for the bottle cap so they can be used for medicine. She is seen watering flowers at the school also. What we should take away from this is she's a really good person. We need to know see that she's super duper good because her dad is bad like really bad.
- daddy's money is dirty money and she knows it or at least suspects.
- We will change daddy's heart and make him admit his evil ways.
- Her dad is the Shido.
- We don't know when she's going to join up or if the casino heist is her first. Stealing her dad's heart will prob be her first mission so the fact that shes on the comm at the start of the game isn't too much of a problem with her dad being Shido.
- on 7/29 Morgana says "But it's true that an observant criminal could have a true to reality city in their Palace."
- The opening casino heist wasn't in the real world but was Shido's palace. His palace just included a 1:1 of the city in it. He also says in the scene at the start of the game where joker has a flashback that he owns the cops. Would make sense that the shadows in his cognition would take the form of the police and security guards. The 2nd palace had two types of shadows (male and female) and the 3rd/4th had people/dogs. Multiple types of shadows is not unheard of
- Also looks like we did manage to steal his treasure but not sure if they were able to get it out.
- We don't actually see joker get taken in by the cops. It's possible that the traitor grabbed us after the shadow cops took us down and turned us in to the real world cops. Doesn't mean the world's can't be merging but my reasoning for it is off.
- One thing that bothers me is when they ask if everyone remembers where they have to meet up. Why was joker separate from the rest of the PT? The PT all leave the metaverse together so far. Could just mean where they're going to meet up near the exit (if there is an exit with the palace being the whole city). Hoping for more clues to clarify this.
- not going to betray us. he almost fell to the dark side and I haven't seen the conclusion of his story but seems like he's going to an issue.
Best Girl current rankings
- Nothing is set yet no decisions have been made just the current rankings.
Best Bro current rankings.
- Makoto - the scene where the lights go out and she grabs jokers leg just made her more endearing. Her driving skills saved the crew after Palace 4. Could beat Kamoshisa in 1v1 volley ball.
- Futba - who doesn't like a quirky redhead. Her being Boss's adopted daughter could be a good thing as he seems to like Joker at this point in the story so he wouldn't have to give him the whole "let me show you my gun collection" talk. Although I'm thinking shes more like the quirky best friend type then best girl material (so sorry Fatuba Fans plesedonthateme)
- Dr.Death - shes a doctor who really cares about her work. Cares more about helping the little girl then getting the credit for it. She basicly broke down when she thought the girl was dead. Also SP Adhesives are amazing.
- Kasami - 100% little sister vibe while Futaba has potential to move up in rank Kasami is stuck in the sister zone. Who knows maybe her "sister" is more interesting.
- Fortune teller- Still a nice person despite the way she was treated. A but gullible though. I could see her sending all of Joker's savings to a Nigerian prince.
- Chess Girl (I know it's not chess) - mid tier maybe she well get more interesting.
- Ann - Not even in the running really because She's going to end up with Ryuji. If Ryuji wasn't around I would say shes not the bightest bulb in the pack. shes not dumb and seems to at least have passed her exams but we have honor student Makoto and super genius Futaba to compare her to. She is empathetic and has a high emotional intelligence. No way shes going to make it as an Actress with her (lack of) skills I cringe every time she tries. She would make a great councilor though with how she relates to people and to seems to be able to get along with everyone. She could also make it in professional sports with how high she was able to throw Mona after the 4th palace.
- Kawakami - Yes she's ranked lower than someone who is not even in the running. First off she lied about her sister WTF! She just seems like a mess. Her clothes don't fit and her hair is never brushed. She is stuck in "the help" tier. Keep her around for laundry and coffee.
Best Kitty current rankings.
- Ryuji - dude is our bro 100% He's the bad influence with a heart of gold and will stick with Joker to the end. He's the Ron Weasly to Joker's Harry Potter. He would be the most fun to go drinking with.
- Yusuke - you will only ever be his 2nd best friend. His true loyalty lies with art. If Joker was hanging off the side of a cliff and Yusuke had to make the decision to save Joker or paint the perfect sunset it would be a real nail biter to see what he decides.
- Mishima- Once he gets over himself he's going to be fine. He's like a more wimpy less fun Ryuji.
- Akechi - he's too full of himself. He always like "ugh I'm just sooooo popular I can't do the little people things like you do" Hanging out with him you would only ever be "Akechi's friend". His sweater vest is dumb.
- Snowball - he didn't deserve to go out like that.
- Morgana - is a spy and slave of the big bad. Also needs stop hitting on Ryuji's girl.
submitted by jhk84
to Persona5 [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:33 Film-Affectionate I lost my best friend two months ago.
I lost my best friend in March. She died two days before I found out. The day I found out is quite a tale. I found out on March 19th. That morning was like any sunday morning. I went to church and then went to hang out with a kid that I watch occasionally (he’s the best kid). My dad had picked me up from the kid’s house, and on our way home we were talking about how we were going to say goodbye to my grandfather that afternoon. “It sucks that I’m about to have to go through this all again when O dies” I told my dad. He agreed, and told me as soon as we were at my grandparent’s house he’d email O’s parents about me coming up there. Skip to 5pm that night, my grandfather died (with my sisters and I in the house). The next 40 or so minutes were filled with silence, us all sitting around my Grandfather. I had the bright idea to check my best friend’s go fund me, maybe get some good news about how she was doing. Instead, I read “There are no words to capture our sense of loss. O passed on Friday morning at home.” My world was gone. O was my best friend. She was my person, my light. I only got the gift of knowing her for 2 years. And I don’t know what to do without her. I’m only a teenager, she was barely a teenager. And cancer took her away from me. Away from her parents, and away from her 9 year old sister. And so I’ve been in a limbo of some sort. I’ve lost my spark. And I don’t know if I’ll ever get it back.
submitted by Film-Affectionate
to GriefSupport [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:32 SnooCrickets3878 Large group outdoor games
Hello! I’m doing a camping trip with up to 15 friends and am looking for ideas for activities and games. I think everyone is moderately active. I’m down to do a sport during the day but if anyone has ideas for board/card games or anything else let me know! I think we’ll be pretty content just chilling and hanging out but I want to prepare activities just in case
submitted by SnooCrickets3878
to camping [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:32 shro_ot Summer Housing
Hello! My friend got an internship at UCI for the month of July and is looking for places to stay nearby (just for the month of July). Does anyone have any recommendations/ideas? Thank you sm! :)
submitted by shro_ot
to UCI [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:32 PolyamasaurusRex 38 [M4F] Looking for friends first
Forgot to put it in my title, but I’m in Raleigh, NC. Looking for people regardless of location though.
Kitchen table poly dude looking for new friends. Not a euphemism for anything, actual friends. I'm open to it being more down the road if it makes sense, but I'm not seeking that out. I'm specifically looking for poly friends (which is why I posted here) because its a big part of my life and I'd prefer to have people who can relate, from experience, to the things that come along with that.
About me: I'm 38, brown hair, hazel eyes, not fat but not fit, on the taller side, and frequently described as a teddy bear. I'm happily married, a proud dad (with the bod and jokes to match), extrovert, and eternal hobbyist. Reading, writing, woodworking, hiking, camping, cooking, baking, board games, video games, DIY, concerts, hockey (Hurricanes), football(NCSU\Panthers), Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter, Doctor Who... really almost anything geeky or nerdy. My interests are varied and I like it that way. This list isn't even close to comprehensive.
I might overuse commas sometimes. Possibly, maybe, all the time. I love having chats that wander off into philosophical tangents and/or over analyzing movies and shows. I communicate via TikToks, memes, and emoji more than I should. I'm a connoisseur of terrible jokes and horrible puns and love groans and eye rolls every bit as much as laughter. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Self improvement is important to me, and I'm constantly trying to be a better person. My therapist even says I'm "well adjusted". Not that I don't make mistakes or have room for improvement, working on yourself is a process that never really stops, but I'm generally happy with the kind of person I am and proud of the work I've put in to be that way.
Ideally looking for people to form deep and lasting friendships with. I want to hear about your day, what's happening in your life, your random thoughts, and the things that bring you joy as well as having space for me to share those too. A shared sense of humor, common interests, open communication, emotional maturity, empathy, effort, and being willing to listen to each other even when we disagree are all very important to me. Someone I can nerd out with as easily as I can joke with. If you're local to the Raleigh area that's awesome, but definitely not required. Online friends are real friends too.
Other stuff if you're curious: * Neurodivergent and loving it * Overtly liberal and likely to grate on your nerves if you aren't * Sense of humor ranges from incredibly lame to super dark * Open book, you can ask me anything * Honest but not in a mean way * Agnostic but not personally spiritual * Respectful of others spiritual beliefs * Clear and direct in communication * Optimistic and positive but not naive * Talkative by nature, both in person and via chat * Does not make demands of others time * Open to emotional investment (platonic or not) but not clingy * Has kids and absolutely adores them * Sets clear boundaries and expects (and respects) the same * Empathy in abundance * Introspective and philosophical * Likes cats and dogs, has neither, but the feeling is usually mutual * Demisexual\Aceflux: I can be flirty, but I'm very slow to go further than that * Really want to emphasize this: not looking for anything NSFW * Astrology: Cancer Sun, Leo Rising, Pisces Moon * Meyers-Briggs: ENFP-A (The Campaigner) * Respects people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, relationship statuses, and ENM styles * Does not tolerate intolerance * Prefers Telegram but open to other chat apps
submitted by PolyamasaurusRex
to polyamoryR4R [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:32 garcocasigena Moth ID please
2023.05.30 23:31 Ok-Check-9953 AITA for asking my SIL if she and her friends can include more child-friendly activities in their hangouts?
Throwaway because some of my family follows my main.
I (F27) am a single mom to three kids; 5, 3, and 2. My ex-husband left soon after my youngest was born and has since moved out of state.
I am close with my brother (M32) and have tried to get close to his wife (F26). She is very sweet and fun, and I genuinely enjoy her company. I obviously don't get to hang out with her a lot because I have my hands full. My family helps out occasionally with childcare but they are all busy too so I don't get a lot of time with my friends.
My SIL has invited me along with her friend group frequently. They are all very outdoorsy and like to have a good time. The thing is, I have to decline 9.9/10 times because the activities they plan are not child friendly. Day-long hikes, wineries, kayaking trips down large rivers; you get the idea. Plus my SIL doesn't seem that interested in kids. She never helps or offers to help keep an eye on the kids during family gatherings. She isn't rude when I turn down the invites. She just says she understands and hopes I can join them next time.
We had a Barbeque a couple weeks ago at my parents house. I was chatting with my brother and SIL and she mentioned she and her best friend were going to head to a very fancy art museum out of town. She asked if I'd like to join them and I said I would have to see. She nodded and said she understood.
It was then I mentioned it would be great if she and her friends did stuff the kids could do once in a while. My SIL got a little awkward and said that none of her friends had kids and this is just what they liked to do. We continued talking but it was a little quiet and she excused herself.
My brother told me that it was an asshole move to make a suggestion like that because she was trying to include me in her friend group and I don't have a right to change their vibe. I feel guilty now, but it's just really difficult to get out with three young kids.
submitted by Ok-Check-9953
to AmItheAsshole [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:30 Andagne One Man's Opinion about the Latest Yes Album
Time to get excited about Yes again.
I tried to keep this review succinct, but had a hard time with it. If you're not a Yes fan, honestly, just move on to another thread.
Certainly there are Yes tropes that are activated again on Mirror to the Sky, but that's not a bad thing. The band sound particularly inspired, like they have something to prove. In a sense perhaps they do. But when you're heralding one of the most, if not THE most important progressive rock bands of any generation, the pressure is on.
Some of you following me know my affiliation with Yes's membership and with their artful product as a whole. This is my dedication to their latest effort.
TLDR; just get the deluxe edition. You would be doing everybody a favor. And you will honor it more. And let's be honest, us Yes fans... we want a good album. Well here it is. Side one is immaculate, and the title track, well, you need to find out for yourself. Believe me I want to talk more about it, but it's something you need to experience first hand.
I'm writing this in real time, listening to it. That's how I roll.
Comparisons to Magnification and Going for the One have been tossed about, and are well fitting. But honestly this is one of the more original Yes recordings I've heard in a while. The closest match would be the splendid Oliver Wakeman recordings that were released as outtakes from Fly From Here.
The whole album is upbeat and downright catchy. One track even has an AOR feeling to it, which is most welcome on a band that produces material that is as serious as it is. Howe is more subdued, but also a lot more intelligent in what he's placing on this album. Sure, I wouldn't mind hearing a ripping solo ala Siberian Khatru live, but let's be honest he's older than all of us on this Reddit. I'm cutting him some slack. Not unlike an aging major league pitcher on the mound, one cannot throw the fastball they once had, so they get more creative and still maintain their relevancy in the game.
Mirror to the Sky is a very intelligent composition. The whole album that is. Frankly it's better than it ought to be.
Particular attention made by me to the drummer Jay Schellen for obvious reasons. He's very good, tasteful, and suits the mood of the album.
Not hearing much on time signature changes, but the tempo changes are most welcome. Some very creative chord progressions can also be found.
For my money, Sherwood never sounded better on the bass. On a Yes album at least.
I'll be honest: Davison may be my least favorite singer in the Yes lineup, but he has improved demonstrably here. There are times where he sounds like he's really putting in the effort, which is welcome for any frontman singer in a rock outfit. I'm not seeing the Anderson rip-off as much, in fact he sounds more like he did on Glass Hammer. And there's a real treat in one of the songs where he sings lower than his usual tenor throughout.
As a unit, Yes are challenging themselves more here than on The Quest and certainly more than Heaven and Earth. It's almost like the band as a unit were biding their time releasing some of these ideas to the public.
I was worried this was going to be the Steve Howe show, and to some extent it is. That said he should get props for the production quality, right down to mic placement. And if you pay attention to Geoff Downes he has very selectively chosen some wonderful textures on his keyboards, something that even our good friend Rick Wakeman was sometimes amiss in doing with consistency. Downes really does provide a good backdrop for everyone's contributions; I'm a bigger fan than some towards his work, and his playing is certainly most welcome here.
The orchestrations are very well placed, very smart, particularly the title track. At times it felt like I was listening to Wobbler. I realize that is a strange compliment. Going further, Cut From the Stars is reminiscent of Starcastle. Again, not a bad thing.
Honestly, I think this release has something for most everyone. It is better than The Quest and much better than Heaven and Earth. I'm still partial to Fly From Here, but this is a very close cousin.
Criticisms? Some of the lyrics are banal, but that's not the first thing I look for in prog rock personally. Also Billy Sherwood could have been employed more with backing vocals. Yes started off as a vocal operation, I wish they would revisit that.
With this release Yes has truly mastered the transition from one idea to another. Yes is known for doing this; clearly they haven't lost the touch.
And of course the entire listening experience is an optimistic one. At times delightful without ever being vapid. We all could use a little bit more of this nowadays...
And hey, even the bonus tracks are good! At the very least interesting.
So as a whole: Mirror to the Sky, certainly the title track, is downright emotional. Go get it.
I could go on but I want to play it again. A part of me wants to express this is their best release since Going for the One... I won't commit to that until I hear it several times, but Mirror to the Sky is certainly enough to attract long time fans and maybe even generate some new ones.
-EDIT- The deluxe edition is a gorgeous ensemble, I have to say it is worth the extra money at this point. The interview book was an interesting read, and the sketches are beautiful. The Rolling Stone quality photo-portraits make even Steve Howe look handsome.
The 5.1 surround is a nice touch and sounded very... personal, if that makes sense. Almost intimate. Howe did a nice job producing it but I'll always feel the guitars deserve to be turned down a little. I would have enjoyed hearing more Downes (when he's up front he sounds great) and even Davison's vocals were surprisingly in the back at times. That said when he is in the spotlight he does not disappoint. And the vinyl playback is superb.
Would like to hear feedback on this release from the rest of bandcamp Yes.
submitted by Andagne
to yesband [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:28 undecided8675309 Would I be an idiot to turn down Sloan? Or would I be an idiot to go?
Hi all -- I'm currently losing a lot of sleep trying to decide between offers from MIT Sloan (no scholarship) and Yale SOM (80K scholarship).
I'm honestly shocked and really thankful to be in such a position (the one admissions consultant I reached out to for potential help told me they thought I had a very slim chance of getting into either school, so the moral of the story is -- always shoot your shot!), but I keep wavering between the two.
I'm 30+, from CT, looking to switch to media/tech post-MBA, but would consider consulting as well. I also come from a liberal arts/non-quant background.
If money were not an issue, I would likely choose Sloan, but 80K at SOM is very hard to ignore. I'm an immigrant kid who has worked in a not-so-lucrative field thus far, so the idea of graduating with $150-200K in loans is honestly terrifying.
YALE SOM: In addition to scholarship (40K per year), it's close to home for potential visits to parents, cheaper than Boston. When I was admitted, I got lots of emails from SOM students and alums congratulating me and willing to chat about SOM (though I suppose the AdCom facilitates this). When I visited campus, many students were super welcoming, friendly, and happy to answer my questions. Professors seemed accessible and community seemed tight-knit. Classes are pass/fail which is nice. However, when I visited, every single student I spoke to was going into consulting and no one I spoke knew anyone going into media/tech. There was only one graduating student I came across who was not going into consulting, but only because she hadn't secured a job offer yet. But also -- I love that you can take courses across the whole uni during your second year.
MIT SLOAN: I much prefer Cambridge/Boston to New Haven since I grew up in CT, since I'm already really familiar with New Haven. However, Cambridge/Boston would be pricier than New Haven. No emails from Sloanies upon admission, so I cold-emailed around 15 Sloanies, but only heard back from one, who I'm still trying to set up a time to talk to. When I visited campus, I had a nice time, but classes were out, so I wasn't able to talk to any students. I'd heard Sloanies are really down-to-earth and kind, but I haven't really had a chance to see that yet. However, I've been obsessed with the MIT Media Lab since I was a kid, so the chance to take classes there would be a dream come true. I also love Sloan's connections to tech and worry about whether SOM lacks that. Plus, cross-registration at Harvard sounds great. Also -- bigger alumni community, more established program. Also, given my liberal arts/non-quant background, wonder if having MIT on my resume would be more beneficial?
Has anyone out there paid sticker price at Sloan? Can you speak to how the payback process is? Would you still choose Sloan? Honestly the potential debt is the biggest worrier for me right now. I'm also older than the average MBA student, so also worried about debt delaying other life events.
Would I be an idiot to turn down Sloan? Or am an idiot for considering turning down Yale's 80K? To be honest I don't know many MBAs since I'm coming from a creative field, so any thoughts would be helpful. Thank you!
submitted by undecided8675309
to MBA [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:26 ftnrdake 13 Ways To Look At A Name [casual meta-essay]
| || | submitted by ftnrdake to Wattpad [link] [comments]
—a.k.a "I changed my story's name in a moment of weakness because consistency can go f itself." 'Tis but a funny anecdote to commemorate the completion of my first work
(the rough draft, anyway...), though it's still technically self-advertisement.
A lot of this probably won't make sense until the final chapter is published. I can't guarantee it will even when that happens, either. Yes, I should've waited until that happens to post a self-commentary, but god do i want to gush about the things i loveeeeee [The book contains explicit mature elements. This post doesn't.] An amazing illustration I commissioned for the cover. Too bad it got changed and replaced by some ugly-ass minimalist 'thing' I made myself (courtesy of royalty-free graphics on the internet). Although, change doesn't mean disappearance :)
I haven't decided on a name when I first published this on Wattpad. Now that it is finished, I still haven't. I think all 201 views of my story who saw the ludicrous names I made would agree: my naming sense sucks. Everything else too, probably, but the names? My god
, the names.
The first line of the story is—you guessed it—a literal name: The Unified States of New Parias
. It's a nation, a blatant rip-off of you-know-who at that! I wanted to give the protagonist an immigrant background, but immediately gave up upon seeing the colossal and meandering system of America's legislation. It was such a bother that I decided to... sidestep the problem completely: by creating a whole new universe and calling it a day. Here, France won the race to become the New World's first colonizers and— No. I made it up. It's a name. There's nothing more. I didn't intend to put much thought into it, and neither should you.
Ironically, I did
put too much thought into names. Sir Walmart US above had his name changed five times. Other real-life entities concealed by my stilted naming sense to avoid legal ramifications, once or twice. Even the protagonist's surname changed slightly. In hindsight, this was a fitting development for a story so fixated on 'change.' However, one thing remained unchanged: the story's name itself. Throughout the entire six months I've been writing it, this story has never had a name (unless you count 'asldkjalsdkj' as one, that is). Change cannot happen when there is nothing to change in the first place. It wasn't until a week before May 1st that there was 'something:' I hastily concocted it to finalize the cover's typography. There were a few options: How to look at a cicada
, Ways to survive as a housewife
, and their mish-mashes. I don't think this counts as a spoiler, but 'cicada' and 'housewife' are two of the central elements in the story—by the time you finish the third episode, this should be evident.
I eventually settled on How to Survive as a Housewife
, because I thought it was funny (all of them were tbh) and more 'marketable' to readers. It flopped all the same; 'housewife' regrettably wasn't a magical chant for instant fame.
By the way, May 1st is International Workers' Day. Revolutions call for change. I live in a socialist country and am proud of it (please don't engage in political discourse here; the stupid names are precisely for preventing that).
Now that the rough story is finished—polish and adjustments will be made on the fly—I'm once again stuck in a quandary. The story is... uh... a bit all over the place, and it's about a lot of things, sure. But I have a rough idea of what it should be
about now—or at least, what it shouldn't. That's why, hopefully for the last time, its name was changed. Relationship ended with Housewife, Cicada is now my best friend. For the record, this isn't because 'housewife' failed to be a magical chant for instant fame, nor because I love cicadas—the bug grosses me out. Then why did I change it? I don't know. It's probably a spoiler. The protagonist forced a gun into my mouth, threatening to pull the trigger if I didn't banish that embarrassing housewife BS out of existence.
One thing is clear, however: the name changed—semantically drastic enough for it to feel different, and structurally familiar enough not to forget its identity.
In hindsight, this was a fitting development for a story so fixated on 'change.'
That's... all, I guess. Unfortunately, I'm a very shallow and s3x-for-brains person. This is a 'thing' because I woke up too h0rny on an inconspicuous Sunday night in February; I don't plan on making it the sapphic, vampiric, hedonic version of War and Peace
or The True Story of Ah Q
—which would be insulting to the works and their authors (Tolstoy and Lu Xun be raising from their graves to strangle me rn).
It's very much nonsensical, and ma'am this is a Wattpad's.
Gaze! Upon the 'thing'!
It was evening all afternoon. It was snowing And it was going to snow. The cicada sat In the cedar-limbs.
2023.05.30 23:26 Income-Current My Upstairs Neighbour Threatened Me but My Landlord Won't Let Me Move Out Without a Huge Fine
I (25f) moved into a new apartment 3 months ago. It is a large duplex - I live in the basement suite and the main/2nd floors are a separate suite. My upstairs neighbour S (mid-30's f) has been making my life very difficult ever since I moved in. Some context:
I've lived with roommates before, but this is my first time living on my own and I adopted a 2-year-old cat named Lucy when I moved into this apartment. S is a single mom with two young kids. I hear her yelling at her kids, swearing at them, and the kids crying nearly every day. S has a front door to the house with a doorbell camera, but there is also a side door that we both use to access our suites. I have the breaker box for the house in my apartment, so anytime a breaker flips (which happens semi-regularly), either myself or the landlord has to manually flip it at the breaker. All the fuses are labelled so we know which is which. One day shortly after I moved in, she had a breaker flip and came down to my apartment door, banging on it and asking me to let her in to flip the breaker. She noticed my cat's food dish and toys and asked if I had a cat. When I said yes, she was annoyed, saying "That's why my kids have been so f-ing sick since you moved in! They're allergic!" (We live in a pet-friendly building, and she has two dogs).
When I was having my wifi installed, she came down to complain that the wifi tech parked in her spot, demanding that he move immediately. She angrily told me that he should never have parked in her spot when I "didn't have permission" to allow him. He parked there of his own accord and I had no idea since he just showed up at my door. There were a couple of other times she came to my apartment to flip the breaker, with no major issues.
Now to the issue at hand! A couple of days ago, I got home after work, and within 5 minutes she was banging on my apartment door and yelling at me to stop messing with her. Through the door I asked her what she meant, saying I had no idea what she was talking about. She said her power was out again and to just turn it back on, then she went back to her apartment. I was very confused but looked at the breaker box and saw that all the switches were in the right position.
A few minutes later, she came back and was even angrier. I opened my door so she could look at the breaker box herself thinking it would calm her down. It did the opposite. She started yelling saying she didn't know what she ever did to make me mess with her, why couldn't I just leave her alone...When I said I never touched the power and was not doing anything to her, she began yelling in my face. She called me a liar, saying that she had cameras and saw when I come or leave the house. She said if I didn't stop messing with her power, I would be sorry. She flipped all her breakers off and back on, then she left.
I immediately emailed my landlord describing what had happened. She called to apologize but said she was confused. She had instructed S to call her if she had power issues, so why was she coming to me? I mentioned it had happened before and the landlord told me that she would remind S not to come to me. After informing the landlord of the other interactions with her, she instructed me not to open the door and to call the police if S came down and would not leave me alone. Over the next few days, I felt more and more on edge and unsafe about the situation. So I emailed my landlord again saying that I felt unsafe and if S thought I was still messing with her, I was worried she would escalate and do something drastic. I said that because of how unsafe I felt, I was going to start looking for a new apartment, and hoped that they would allow me to break my lease without the penalties (2 months' rent) that were outlined in my lease agreement. Apparently, since S had not physically harmed me and I had no actual proof of what had happened, it was her word against mine. So if I decided to break my lease, I would have to pay the full penalty. I cannot afford to move AND have to pay the fine, so what should I do?
submitted by Income-Current
to TwoHotTakes [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:25 PIGEONS_UP_MY_ASS I miss being a kid and the thought of growing up terrifies me
I miss being a kid and the thought of growing up terrifies me
Even though I'm technically young, I'm 17, I still have a super big fear of growing up.
I hate the idea of being an adult. Being totally independant and overwhelmed with responsibilities. I'm so scared of getting a job as I don't cope with stress well and I'm sensitive. The workplace isn't for people like me, it just seems way too hostile and I don't know how I can manage. Then there's bills and "adulting" skills which I will have to get used to doing by myself. Then there's also relationships, both romantic and platonic which I don't think I will be able to achieve
Right now I'm going through so much. I'm going through addiction, low mood, body image issues and occasional suicidal thoughts. My life has been hell since I was 11. All I want is to go back to when I was happy and life was carefree. I'm just broken and I can't fix myself.
This isn't new. I remember feeling this way since I was 13. When I was 13, my brother starting watching the old kids TV channel I used to watch. Of course it evolved and new shows came about, but some of the shows are still running decades later. I remember hearing the theme tunes of some of my favourite shows for the first time in years and it brought me to tears. It takes a lot to make me cry, but reminiscing and remembering the good memories I had around age 10 and below just filled me dread and nostalgia. I was 13, still young, but still having a constant crisis about growing up too fast and never reliving my childhood.
I still feel that now at 17. I listen to the Sonic Colours intro music, my favourite game when I was young, and it brings back memories of when I played it for the first time at my friend's house after school. His mum brought in burger and chips for dinner, and we played sonic colours and ate the dinner at the same time. Something that blew my young mind as I was never allowed to play and eat at the same time at my house. We then played Mario Kart Wii and Skylanders after dinner and then my parents picked me up at 6:30pm. I remember crying on the journey back because I didn't want the fun to end.
I was so innocent and carefree then. But now, I'm broken. I've written 3 suicide notes this year alone. I just want to go back in time and relive those memories even for just one day. I don't want to grow up. I feel like my childhood is wasted.
Sometimes I get suicidal for this reason. I'm not going to be able to function in society so why should I? Why should I live in a country where the government doesn't give a shit about anything but lining their pockets? Being an adult sounds like such a shit show. My mental health issues have fucking RUINED my teen years. I'm done. People say teen years are the best times ever, this is not fucking fun. I'd rather die than be an adult. My life has been fucking wasted. Fuck this.
submitted by PIGEONS_UP_MY_ASS
to mentalhealth [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:25 neverlandnothings What’s your favorite dark 80s/90s ‘children’s’ movie?
If you’re a millennial, you probably have quite a few memories of visiting Blockbuster or plopping down in front of the TV set to watch strangely dark films/shows like: - All Dogs Go To Heaven - The Brave Little Toaster - Ferngully - Once Upon A Forest - Pagemaster - Labyrinth - An American Tail - Rockadoodle - Cat’s Don’t Dance - Oliver & Company - The Last Unicorn - Little Nemo in Slumberland - Courage the Cowardly Dog - Are You Afraid of the Dark
And by favorite, I do also mean which one messed you up the most? They seem to go hand in hand.
I’ve had so many conversations in my life about WHY and HOW these films were made, and the cultural phenomena this produced (a possible source of our rampant anxiety as millennials, maybe? 👀).
NOT to be self promotional and spammy, I won’t link unless asked, but digging into this inspired my best friend and I to co-host a podcast all about the production, lore, and psychology surrounding these and other similar titles. I’d love to hear your opinions on these, things that stuck with you, or ideas on titles we should dive into in this vein, I’m sure our list is missing a ton!
submitted by neverlandnothings
to movies [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:24 10969skhar List/log of all previous nightwave quests?
Is there a list / log of previous nightwave missions from the last days / weeks?
I am playing with a friend and we are only playing together so we should have the same nightwave progress but somehow I am 5500 XP ahead. That's probably 1x1k and 1x4,5k missions. But neither of us have an idea which ones it could be. We always tried to make sure that kill missions were done by both of us. Nothing to complain about, we are just curious.
Thx in advance :)
submitted by 10969skhar
to Warframe [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:23 Aniv_Spiras [Behemoth][Primal][FC][LFM][C] Tadaima is recruiting!
is a guild that started back before Shadowbringers. We were a small friend group of 3 that wanted to create a fun social gaming experience in FFXIV. We have grown a bit bigger but are always looking for new members. Our FC is always willing to help from dungeons to raids or most facets of the game. We do weekly FC events including: Current Ex Trials, mount farming, hide and seek in the FC house, and Jackbox night! We are always open to event ideas by request too! From trials, movie night, exploring the sightseeing log, or treasure maps!
The name of the game is to have fun. We want this to be more than an FC. It's a community of people that enjoy the game and like to get stuff done. We have a FC mansion in the Mist (Ward 25, Plot 35) with round the clock FC buffs up for our members benefit, as well as a discord server we use for group events and to just hang out in.
If you are interested in joining, please contact our FC leader in game, Qiro Usuro, or drop by the FC mansion and post an application! We can’t wait to see you in game!
submitted by Aniv_Spiras
to FFXIVRECRUITMENT [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:22 NinjaRadiographer John Wicks entire Timeline from Chapter 1 to Chapter 4 (updated) Part 1 of 2 (Chapters 1 and 2)
So, I had quite a few messages from people asking when I was going to update this to include chapter 4 and finally it was released on download in the UK (29th) so I could finally watch it and get around to it because I haven’t seen it until now. I’ve kept the original timeline here because I’m quite happy with it and I’m just adding on Chapter 4. I will add someone messaged me that during chapter 3 when the assassins are getting the kill order to kill John there’s a brief shot of an assassin’s phone saying the date was December. I’m happy to go with this because I think the first 3 films are set around October-November time but we see no x-mas stuff anywhere in chapter 1 to 3 so its debateable if you want to call this an x-mas film like Die Hard. Also, I watched an interview with the director this morning and he states that he thinks the first 3 films are about a week and a half but wasn’t certain which I feel gives my timeline some authenticity and accuracy.
P.s Ive had to break this down into two parts because the character limit is 40,000 characters and ive gone well over that
Warning Major Major spoilers for these films are here because I detail out the plot as I go.
A couple of assumptions are made. Fights scenes are probably longer than we seen on screen and often because of the pacing of the film we don’t need to see John get from point A to B. Conversations also probably took longer than we see if they are walking from area to area and discussing things. Location distances also take time to get to and from places and I don’t know where locations in New York and around the world are so I’ve made a lot up at a best sort of guess. Sometimes I’ve used what I think when there’s no real reference in the film to how long something took for instance for the time of day, I’ve looked at the skyline in the background and estimated what time of day it is judging by how much sunlight there is. Basically, I’ve guestimated a lot. Chapter 4 was a lot harder as they kept moving countries and places and its probably longer than I’ve made it. Also, some of the fight scenes are longer than the time they actually show in the film (6 minute fight is 13minutes in the film) so take everything with a pinch of salt.
TLDR: The films start in the mid-late autumn judging by the scenes that we see.
John Wick 1 starts on Monday Day 1 at 6am and ends Saturday Day 6 at 3.45am (6 Days).
John Wick Chapter 2 starts on Monday Day 8 at 10pm and ends Friday Day 13 at 5pm (5 Days).
John Wick Chapter 3 starts on Friday Day 13 at 5pm and ends Sunday Day 22 at 7.05am (9 Days).
John Wick Chapter 4 starts on Monday Day 205 at 7.20 pm (6 months later) and ends unofficially on Thursday Day 221 at 6.11am (when John passes out (16 days)) and officially at Thursday Day 228 12.00pm (23 Days).
John does have periods of down time and rest so it’s safe to assume he goes to the toilet in that time and maybe brushes his teeth once in a while
The first Film starts on a Monday. Not because there’s any reference to days of the week in the films (there wasn’t that I could find) but because, in my opinion, nothing good ever happens on a Monday.
John Wick Chapter 1
Monday Day 1 6am.
· John in his bathroom and has a flash back of his wife’s illness and death (assumption is made that this has happened over the past 6 months or so).
· Funeral of his wife. Marcus arrives “Just checking up on an old friend”.
· Wake at Johns house.
· People leave say 8-9pm ish
· Daisy the Dog is delivered and John reads Helens letter.
· John and Daisy got to bed at 10.54pm (clock on the bed).
Tuesday Day 2 6am.
· John wakes at 6am.
· Get the paper and the dog goes to the toilet, coffee and breakfast.
· Gets in car
· Getting petrol (assumption its about an hour after they’ve left prob around 8am) and meets the Russians arrive. Losef meets John “I love dogs”, “Beautiful car how much?”, “Not for sale.” “Not this bitch”. Victor arrives “You have a good day sir”.
· John leaves for the airfield- Crazy driving trying to/not to kill himself.
· Next scene is evening (don’t have time base upon previous night) in bed so assumption was that he went to be around 11pm.
Wednesday Day 3 Early am.
· Dog wakes John early am.
· John goes downstairs – Russians attack john, smash his stuff and kill the dog “Sleep tight bitch”.
· John wakes probably an hour or so later and cradles the dog.
· John buries the dog early am (judging by the skyline)
· 6.19am the alarm gets turned off.
· Angry cleaning with flash backs.
· Russians take Johns car to Aureilo’s garage (assumption is made that its around 8am and that it takes at least an hou maybe 2 to get there. Seeing as they stole it before 5am I assume that they took it for a joy ride and did doughnuts for a while first). “I want new vin numbers and new papers”- “Where did you get that car?” (John most likely still cleaning at this time) “Get it out of my shop” “We own you” Aureilo slaps Losef “Viggo not going to like this”.
· 5pm deduced from John leaving in car in next scene it’s probably taken all day to clean up and then he had to get the bus. John arrives at Aureilos garage after taking the bus “Is it here?”, “It was.”, “Losef Tarasov nicked it.”, “Viggo’s son?”, “I need a ride.”.
· John leaves in borrowed car around 6pm.
· Evening, not long after, Aureilo gets a call from Viggo (skyline time of day deduction) “I heard you struck my son. May I ask why?”
· Viggo to Avi “Have you seen my son?”.
· About 7.30pm Losef arrives (most likely he spent all day stashing the car with his uncle from John Wick 2 and hanging out).
· Viggo beats Losef. “What did I do” “That fucking nobody was John Wick” Explanation of the Bogey man and killing 3 men with a pencil.
· At the same time John is at home and goes into the basement with a sledgehammer smashes the floor and gets his equipment.
· 30 mins later Viggo gets his phone book and calls John. John hangs up.
· Viggo tasks a crew.
· John has a shower and suits up.
· Viggo sits by the fire.
· Juging by the light its 10pm ish when the kill crew arrives. (This doesn’t quite work because the house exterior shot is quite bright but when the crew arrives its dark night).
· The crew attack John and John kills the crew (due to films cuts to keep the action it probably takes about 20 minutes. Time enough for a noise complaint to be made).
· Jimmy the police officer arrives at 10.30 “Evening John”, “Noise complaint”, “You working again John?”.
· John goes downstairs and makes a dinner reservation for 12 (the amount of people he’s killed not the time).
· Assumption is made that it’s 1 hour for Charlie and the clean up crew to arrive at about 11.30.
· Assumption it takes 2 hours to clean the house of blood and bodies.
Thursday Day 4 1.30am
· Clean up crew leave about 1.30am.
· Viggo is still in front of the fire and is informed of the failure of the kill crew. The contract is put on Johns head for $2Million (the light in the room shot is bright he’s prob been there all night debating if he should put out the contract)
· Assumption is 6am John loads bags into car and drives to the Continental.
· Judging by the light its around 8am Viggo arrives at Marcus’s house whilst he’s cutting veg and juicing. “Would you kill John Wick for $2 million?”.
· Marcus cleans and polishes his guns after Viggo leaves.
· John arrives at the Continental at 8.30am (assumption).
· Perkins greets John. Concierge (Charon) “I have you for 2 nights sir”.
· Cuts to evening say 8pm assumption is John had some sleep.
· John looks at video of his wife and then goes downstairs to the bar and sees Winston “Johnathan as I recall wern’t you the one tasked to doll out the beating?”.
· (At the same time) Viggo learns that John is at the Continental “We have a contact there who is willing to take him out for us”.
· John is still talking to Winston. “Have a drink and relax…for now.”.
· John goes to the bar “It’s been 5 with change”. (Length of time John’s been a free man and Viggo has been in serious business learned).
· John gets Losef’s location with his drink “Compliments of the house”.
· John leaves the bar at 8.15 (assumption all this took 15 mins)
· John goes upstairs and suits up and we learn Losef is being guarded in a nightclub.
· John arrives at the nightclub. I’m assuming that it took an hour to suit up and 45 minutes to get to the club therefore its around 10pm-10.15 pm.
· John gets the drop on Francis the big bouncer that’s lost weight and gets inside.
· John kills Victor and lots of people in the spar area.
· John makes his way upstairs and enters the pool area where Losef is. This is most likely on the top floor. The way the films cuts means it probably took 30-45 mins to get up there and find him its about 11pm.
· John kills lots of people.
· Losef runs onto the dancefloor.
· John kills lots of people on the dancefloor, atrium and balcony.
· Losef escapes in a car driven by Gregori.
· John leaves with a phone call to Losef. (the fights probably took 30 mins so its around 11.30pm.
Friday Day 5 12.15am.
· John arrives back at the Continental 45 minutes later at 12.15am. “Is the doctor in?”.
· Assumption is the Doctor took 20 minutes to arrives and 30 minutes patching up John the time is probably around 1.05am
· Marcus arrives on the roof opposite and gets John in his sights.
· John tries to sleep.
· Perkins enters the room.
· Marcus shoots the pillow warning John.
· Perkins and John fight “Viggos giving me $4 million to break hotel rules”. The phone rings as the concierge rings.
· John beats Perkins and answers the phone (noise complaint).
· Marcus leaves.
· Perkins tries to crawl away. Pekins tells John about the Little Russia Church front.
· Harry holds up John “Catch and release”.
· Cut to Morning of Day 5. Bright light indicates its around 9am. John is at the Church who takes the pills for fully mobility, then kills lots of people and destroys the vault stash using the priest (probably takes about 30minutes).
· John leaves and then goes to a roof top to wait.
· No indication of how long until Viggo arrives I assume its an hour so the time is 10.30.
· Viggo arrives and kill the priest. Perkins escapes and kills Harry at around the same time).
· John attacks Viggo as he leaves the church.
· John Wick kills a lot of people
· John gets hit by a car, knocked out and captured by Viggo and wakes up tied to a chair in the church. The fight was about 10 minutes he’s been unconscious about 20 minutes so the time is 11pm “Yeah I’m thinking I’m back”.
· Marcus has already arrived (no idea when) and shoots the thugs chocking John. John escapes, kills other thug, frees his hands, runs out, chases down Viggos car killing thug driving it.
· Viggo gives up his son and pull the contract on John. (whole thing probably took 5 minutes).
· Cut to Losef in a Brooklyn safehouse. Not knowing where John actually is let’s say it took him an hour to go straight there so the time when John arrives is 12.05.
· Judging by the fact that explosives are set and it takes time to get into position its probably 12.45
· John kills guard and snipes Gregori playing COD at 12.45pm
· John snipers lots of people.
· John kills guard watching Losef.
· John kill Losef at 1.00pm
· Viggo finds out Losef is dead probably 30 mins later at around 1.30pm “Make the arrangements”.
· Cut to John checking out of the Continental (It’s only been 1 night). Prob took him an hour to be there and an hour to clean up and pack however when he leaves its getting dark so he probably fixed himself up and rested for a while and so the time is around 5pm.
· John gets a new car and meets Marcus around 5.30-6pm “How many times do I have to save your ass?”.
· Perkins watches them and turns Marcus in (assumed but likely).
· Cut to night so 8pm ish. Marcus walks home and Viggo and his thugs surround him.
· John driving home gets aphonecall on his mobile from Viggo. Shows scene of Viggo having bruised knuckles from beating Marcus so assume 1 hour has passed (9pm).
· Marcus tries to escape. Perkins wounds him and Viggo kills him so Marcus dies around 9.15pm “Well played old friend”.
· John turns the car around and Viggo leaves “Fuel the chopper”.
· 45 mnutes-1 hour later John arrives at Marcus’s house (10.15pm).
· Concierge calls Perkins who watches John arrives.
· John finds Marcus.
· John leaves (not shown and Perkins leaves)
· Perkins arrives (no time reference so assume 30 mins) to meet the concierge and has her membership to the Continental revoked at 10.45pm. Clean up crew arrives.
· Couple of minutes must have passed. Ohn is called by Winston to tell him where Viggo is.
· John drives like a nutcase and crashes into Viggo at docks probably 45 minutes away so it’s 11.30.
· John kills many people with his car and guns.
· Viggo tres to kill John with his car and the stands waiting for him. “No more guns John. No more Bullets”.
· John kills Viggo 5 minutes later. The whole fight from his car arriving to Viggo dying was about 30 minutes so the time is 00.05am on Day 6.
Saturday Day 6 00.05am
· John kills Viggo at 00.05am “Be seeing you John.”.
· John gets up and leaves taking Viggos cars.
· Opening scene of John crashing into the vets. John is unconscious. He could have been out for a while so im assuming 3 hours because it’s still night.
· John breaks into vets and treats himself (probably 30 minutes).
· John rescues his dog (another 10 minutes).
· John leaves and walks home with his new dog at 3.45am on Saturday Day 6 since his wife’s funeral.
John Wick Chapter 2
John Wick Chapter 2 starts with him chasing down a motor cyclist whilst he looking for his car. We know that this film is a direct continuation of the first film so we can assume that a little time has passed for him to heal, bond with the dog and make investigations into where his car is (this is probably because he’s not the type to stop for anything judging by the first film). Assuming that he took a day to rest and make investigations its probably been 2 days since the end of John Wick so we start on Monday Day 8 since his wife’s funeral at 10 pm because its night in the opening scene and it all fits nicely with the idea that the first film is a week long.
Monday Day 8 10pm
· John chases down biker in Aureilo’s borrowed car. (We never actually see what became of it in the first film because he gets a new car due to “Last nights unpleasantness” with Perkins in the first film as he checks out. Probably takes about 30 minutes.
· John hits the biker, takes the gold card and heads to Abrams Warehouse. He arrives say 30 minutes later.
· “My fucking nephew killed a dog and stole a car”. John arrives, kills thugs and looks for his car (30 mins).
· John calls Abram “You have my car”.
· John finds the car and takes it back.
· John uses his car to try and escape and kill people.
· John kills lots of people (approx. 30 minutes has passed).
· John makes peace with abram at 00.00am.
· John leaves and takes his car.
Tuesday Day 9 7.30am
· Johns car is wrecked and he gets home in the morning. Judging by the light I’d say early morning. We know he lives about 2 hours from the city so assuming it took 7 hours and 30 mins (shown in a later scene) to get home because his car was barely crawling up the driveway (being a man of focus he was getting that car back).
· John goes and cleans up. The clock on his table says 7.30am. Showers and sleeps.
· Next scene is Aureilo arriving to pick up Johns car. I’m assuming its mid to late afternoon around 4.30pm. John is playing with his dog and we have a continuity error here because in John Wick 1 the dog was a puppy and here it is clearly an older dog but ‘Im choosing to ignore this because movie land reasons.
· Cut to next scene. John cleans up his suit and sorts out the basement from the first film. He makes cement and it probably takes him 3 hours so time is 8pm.
· Santino arrives at 8pm (its night out). Coffee and conversation about markers (probably 20 minutes).
· Santino leaves and blows up Johns house.
· John sees his house burn at 8.30.
· Cut to fire engine still fighting the fire so say the response time ect is about 30 mins later. Jimmy the cop is here “Gas leak?”.
· John leaves with the dog and walks off.
Wednesday Day 10 9am.
· John arrives at the continental early morning (looks around 9am so he walked for 12 hours as busses probably aren’t running and he’s a man of focus). “How good to see you again so soon Mr Wick”.
· John meets with Winston and converse about Santino D’antonio and the marker.
· 10 minutes later John boards the dog with Charon the concierge. John leaves for the national gallery.
· Probably 30 minutes to the gallery he gets frisked and meets Santino.
· They talk about the job for 10 minutes “My hands”.
· John leaves and travels to his deposit box “59.035” say another 30 minutes to get there.
· He suits up (another 30 minutes) “happy hunting Mr Wick”.
· Next scene hes in Rome so assuming an hour to the airport. Google tells me New York to Rome direct is an 8 hours and 15 minutes flight and an hour to the continental of Rome meaning total travel time is 10 hours and 15minutes because he had no delays or hold ups and everything happened perfectly because its movieland and therefore assuming every part of his trip was flawless. Rome is 6 hours behind New York (thanks to google again) so John arrives at his destination at 2.25 pm Rome time which fits with the film.
Wednesday Day 10 8.25pm USA, 2.25pm Rome.
· John is observed by Ayres the mute woman arriving at the Continental. “Welcome to the Continental of Rome”.
· He meets the manager “are you here for the pope?”.
· Next scene John is getting supplies and equipment. He must have checked in so I assume its an hour later.
· Suit, Guns and catacomb plans must have taken some time, Rush suit could have taken an hour to measure and 4 hours to make, Guns must have taken an hour along with the catacombs “Mr Wick do enjoy your party”.
· Ayres watches John leave 3 hours later.
· John suits up that night say 8pm Rome time (Which is Thursday Day 11 2am USA time)
· John enters the catacombs and takes about an hour and 30 mins to reach his target whilst leaving his weapons around.
· Gianna enjoys her party and meets Mr Riconi and then leaves to freshen her makeup.
· 10.30 Rome John meets Gianna in the bathroom. They talk for 10 minutes and she slits her wrists. John shoots her and leaves.
· John bumps into Cassian “You working?” they shoot each other and John runs.
· John kills a lot of people escaping.
· Cassian find Gianna.
· John gets to catacombs and meets Ayres “Loose ends?”.
· John kills a lot of people It takes about 30 minutes for John to escape the catacombs from killing Gianna.
· Cassian tries to run John over. They fight and crash through the window of the Continental. They wernt far from it so its assumed Joh had been walking for 20 minutes and they were fighting for 10 mins. Hey crash through about 11.40pm Rome which again fits with the film.
· In the bar they talk for about 5 minutes. Cassian leaves and Ayres is there as John goes to bed “Not if I see you first”.
· Its about 00.00am when Santino phones. John hangs up on him. Santino calls the exchange and puts a bounty on John. John phones the desk and says he’ll check out in the morning. So all this makes the time Thursday Day 11 0.005 am Rome and Thursday Day 11 6 am USA. The text messages go out at this time because they would have done it then and there was no delay despite this being shown in a later scene.
· Next scene is early AM assumed around 6am because that’s when John usually gets up so its Thursday Day 11 6am Rome and 12pm USA. John sorts his stuff and is escorted out by the manager “May you have a safe journey Mr Wick”.
· It takes 10 hours and 15 minutes to get back to New York making it 10.15pm. Cassian is seen in New York so it’s assumed he got the contract text and headed to the airport straightaway to beat John back knowing he wouldn’t be able to get him in Rome.
Thursday Day 11 10.15pm.
· Santino completes the marker book “you stabbed the devil in the back”.
· John walks through Chinatown and the train station, kills lots of people (some with a pencil) and finally faces Cassian on the tube where he stabs him in the Aorta as a professional courtesy. Judging by how beat up he is and how many people he faced it probably took him 2 and a half hours.
Friday Day 12 00.45am
· John escapes 2 assassins at the train station and gets taken by the homeless man to the Bowery King.
· Its early am say around 7 am when John wakes up. Hes had medicine and has been patched up so therefore its Friday Day 12 7am. John and the king talk for an Hourish “$7 million Dollars gets you 7 rounds”.
· John leaves for Santinos coronation.
· John arrives at the NYM meausum Mirror art exhibit . No way to judge it so im guessing it took 3 hours having traveled by tunnels and sewer making it about 11am.
· Santino sees john.
· John kills lots of people probably takes about an hour.
· Santino escapes and runs to the continental John kill Ayres at 12.00pm
· John follows Santino to the Continental which probably took an hour to get to as Santino was eating and waiting for John.
· John arrives at the hotel and kills Santino at 1pm whilst eating lunch “What have you done?”.
· John leaves, collects his dog and goes home.
· The next scene is a bit difficult to place John sits in his ruined house looking at his wifes necklace and its raining. He could have walked for 12 hours but its more likely (as he’s in the next part of the scene) that the concierge took him and waited for a call. This doesn’t quite fit as the conversation about the dog staying with him implys that he had just arrived but im assuming that john was mute the whole way there in the car. “Would you be so enclined”.
· They travel back 2 hours (2 hours there 2 hours back) which makes it exactly 5pm when they reach Winston.
· Theres a continuity error here as John Wick 3 starts at 5pm but Winstons watch clearly shows 4pm in this scene I imagine his battery has died an hour before is all I can think of.
· Wick and Winston talk and John gets a marker and the starts running “I’ll kill them all”.
· Here ends John Wick Chapter 2 Friday Day 13 at 5pm.
submitted by NinjaRadiographer
to JohnWick [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:22 SnooPandas350 Criminal question
Hello all please excuse my ignorance but I have a question. My friend was arrested Saturday for two drug possession charge’s and currently has no bond until she is seen by the court. Any idea how that process will work ? Thank you all
submitted by SnooPandas350
to legaladvice [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:22 ExtraCoffee How do I (25F) let go of him (24M) and our friends? I know I should but it still hurts
About one year ago I started interacting with a group of people. I find it hard to trust new people, so at first I wasn't involved and pretty much kept my distance. But as the time went by, we started to talk more and they (a guy and a girl in particular) pushed it a lot to become my friends and do more things together. So we became closer and started talking and hanging out on a daily basis.
Fast forward me and the guy, let's call him B, confessed to have feelings for each other and got even closer. At first things were nice, we kept hanging out all together and he even introduced me to new people. I now consider them friends and I got into the habit on talking with these persons everyday and spend a lot of time together, especially online cause we like play videogames.
The last couple of weeks have been weird though. I tried talking to him to understand if something was off, but he brushed it off and said things were ok. Things weren't ok though cause he ended up ghosting me? Or kind of. He's not replying to me in private anymore but we still do things with our friends (online) so i'm starting to feel very awkward about it. I think I should let go of him cause he's denying me a reason to act like this and nothing weird happened recently on my end, so I can't even understand what's wrong. I'm also afraid I'll lose my other friends as well if this situation doesn't get solved and the idea of breaking this pattern makes me extremely sad.
I'm confused and don't know what to do. He's just ignoring me at the moment. How do I overcome this?
tl;dr: guy started ignoring me but we have mutual friends. I feel stupid cause he love bombed me at first and now he doesn't even reply to me anymore.
submitted by ExtraCoffee
to relationship_advice [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:19 Ok-Middle8213 My boyfriend [34yo] lied to me [33yo] about an entire trip to Cancun.
So I had a trip planned to Miami to celebrate one of my college friend's bachelor party that my boyfriend knew about this past weekend. He asked when was I leaving and I told him last Wednesday. He ended up booking a trip to "California" on the same day and we were to get back on the same day, which was this past Sunday. He has a residence in California and Texas, so he has clothes, shoes, everything he needs already there. So red flag #1 for me was when I saw him pack a huge suitcase. I looked and wondered why would he do that, but didn't think anything of it. He was also talking to himself as he was packing saying that he was going to take some shorts to Cali (probably doing this to cover himself on why he's packing heavy; he NEVER packs heavy for trips to Cali). He landed about 10 hours before I did. I video called him once he landed and I could see he was at the airport. So I ask him was he going to have a friend pick him up or a Lyft. He said he was going to have his homeboy pick him up. I was like alright. After I landed in Miami that night, I let him know I made it. I tried to video call him on Google Meet (I'm an iPhone user and he's an Android user) he did not answer and it was about 12...1am in the morning, meaning it would've been 9...10pm Cali time. I receive a notification about 30 mins after I called him from Google Meet stating if I wanted to call him back again. Now in the past, he has told me that when you receive that notification, that means that you looked at the missed call. So at this point, I'm like he saw me call. Moving along, he calls me back around 3...4am, which is about 3 hours behind for Cali. He says I'm lucky he had to get up to pee while he was sleep (he did not video call me back, he called regular) and we talked for a few. I knew something was off that first night. So over the next few days, things didn't seem or feel right. I would call. He wouldn't answer, he'd call me back a few hours later or act like he never got my call. He would text, instead of calling me back. Every time he would video call, it was either in a bathroom, which didn't look like his bathroom in Cali or outside. Which outside didn't even seem right because he has a townhome. If he was sitting in the front of the townhome like he said he was, I would've been able to see it from the back, but I could see nothing. It was pitch black...and it was 9pm EST my time and 6PM his time, meaning it was still sunny in Cali! And earlier this day, he sent me screenshots of his phone screen trying to show me that he was having issues calling me. I looked at his time and it was only an hour behind me, meaning he had to have been somewhere in CST. I asked him about it and he had nerve to say that his phone was acting up and it didn't update when he landed in Cali. (LIE) I mentioned about it being pitch black at 6pm in Cali and he had nerve to say that it gets dark around that time. I knew that was a lie because I've been to Cali several times and it was always still light out and I also texted my friend that lives in Cali and he also confirmed it was still sunny. So I mentioned all of this to him and he had nerve to try and get mad at me for accusing him of lying, knowing darn well he was lying. He lied about him riding his bike (he has a motorcycle, car, and truck out in Cali) to some lounge he went to in Hollywood. He stayed out late, called me the next morning and was like let me get a little bit more sleep and I'll call you back when I wake up. He called back an hour later and said he was at a restaurant in Hollywood. He gave me the name of it, I googled it. Now he lives in Anaheim...that's an hour drive. So you mean to tell me he went back to sleep and was able to get up, get ready to drive back out to Hollywood to go to a restaurant? I knew that was a lie. He called me while he was at the restaurant and was sounding so happy and cheery. He said he'd call me back. I knew something was up so I called him back like 10 minutes later just to see if he would answer because why wouldn't you if you're at a restaurant by yourself. Do ya'll know he didn't answer the first time, so I called back a second time he answered and his tone was so different and he was talking so slow and short. That let me know that he was with someone because why were you so happy a second ago before you got to your table? Some other stuff happened, but fast forward to Sunday. I asked him what airport he was flying out of and he said LAX and he was flying with Frontier (LAX doesn't even have Frontier). He also gave me the time he was leaving which was 3:42pm. Now we both were supposed to land at 6...7pm in Texas. If he's leaving LA at 3:42pm, that's a 3 hour flight, then you have to add 2 more hours because of the time change. I looked up all flights that would be landing in Texas and none from Cali, but San Diego was on there. And one from Cancun. I found all of his flight information. So we both land in Texas. He ended up still being on the plane and he had nerve to say that he had to go through customs. I asked why, he said he didn't know, they're doing some weird inspection. I could not believe my eyes at all of the lies I was reading. So I confront him about it once he comes out of the International Arrival section at the airport and he has nothing to say. He proceeds to give me some bs story about how no one was supposed to know he was there and he was there on business for his family...blah blah. We don't follow each other on social media, but I could see that he posted all weekend long on Snapchat. So if people weren't supposed to know you were there, why are there posts at all? He sent me 2 videos of him at a lounge and I was able to figure out in 5 minutes what bar it was! I also found his resort receipt and it had that 2 guests were staying there. He also did a boat tour and took a picture. I asked about the 2 guests and he was like it always say 2 guests when you book somewhere, man please. I have always changed mine to 1 when I book online. And most times we were on the phone during the trip, it seemed as if he would always have to go outside or be in the bathroom. I also asked him to see his snaps, but he wouldn't show me anything, which shows that clearly there will be incriminating evidence on there.
TL; DR I've never been lied to like this before. I won't say this is his first time where his story doesn't add up, but he went out of his way to lie to me for almost a week. And then get mad at me for calling him out. I'm extremely hurt and believe its time I move on. I can't trust him at all. If he lied about this, what else has he done and what else will he lie about in the future.
submitted by Ok-Middle8213
to relationships [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:19 Peanuttttssss The Pure Order Program
I had a drug problem, and I lived a very chaotic live. I frequently went to bars just to do cocaine with friends and fight people in the bar.
One of my female friends was very concerned about my way of living. I said that it really wasn't that bad. But one day when I got very high on cocaine and I crashed my motorcycle in a farmfield somewhere and laid there until sunrise, I knew it was time to try to change my life. The female friend, named Emma, was very reliefed that I had the courage to ask her for help.
She immediately started to figure stuff out to help me, and after a while she told me she found a program somewhere in the mountains deep in the forest that helped people get rid of their addictions.
The name of the program was ''Pure Order''. I was a bit sketchy at first, but I love the mountains and nature so I thought I could always give it a try.
The only problem, was that I was from New Jersey, and the program was in Montana. But Emma was willing to pay along for the trip, and she'd even come with me to drop me off to make sure I arrived safely.
At the airport, a car, that was part of the Pure Order program, would take us there. The driver was a man in a suit, with combed black hair, a well kept goatee and mustache. He was wearing a dress shirt, suspenders and cowboy boots.
It was a peculiar look that I instantly noticed. It was a very hipster look, but also a very country look. It was a 5 hour, if not more, ride from the airport to the place where the Pure Order program was. It was very deep in the woods and mountains, and very far away from civilization.
When we arrived, I saw 10 feet high walls, made out of wooden beams, with barbed wire at the top. It kinda looked like a military camp to me, but also like a scouting camp. It was close to a very big lake, surrounded by a dense forest.
The big wooden doors opened, and a nice dressed gentleman was standing in the door opening. Also with suspenders, big beard, combed hair, tinted glasses, nice white dress shirt, a black Bolo tie, and a suit jacket.
I noticed some kind of dress code, but I thought that was to tell the staff members apart from the people. The man who greeted me was a very nice man, and super welcoming. Then we heard a gunshot in the distance, and I saw birds fly up from the treelines.
The man was obviously startled by the gunshot, and me and Emma looked at each other. The man said ''Its hunting season, we take the people outside hunting as one of the many outdoor activities we have around the camp'' in a laughing tone with a smile.
The man welcomed me in, and Emma was not allowed in since she wasn't part of the Pure Order program, so they politely asked her to leave. And the driver would take her back to the airport.
The man talked to me for a bit, while we walked to my bed where I could put my stuff and ''Make myself'' at home. I walked into one of those typical summer camp sleeping places, with two rows of bunk beds on each side of the walls, once again very military like.
The man noticed the look on my face and he told me not to worry, as we would only sleep here, and we would be doing activities all day.
Lastly he asked me if he could have my phone, so I'm not distracted by the outside world and we can focus on me getting better instead. I was hesitant at first, but the way he said it just made sense, and before I thought about it I handed over my phone.
Not that my phone had any signal anyway.
He asked that if I had any questions, I could always ask him. I was scared to ask questions but for some reason I just blurted out all the questions I had.
I asked about the barbed wire, why we are so far away from civilization, why I had to hand my phone over even though I didn't have any signal.
He politely told me that the barbed wire was because the wildlife would sometimes climb over the wooden walls. He told me we are so far away from civilization because they don't want anyone to get the urge to get distracted by day to day society, and fall back into our old habits.
I had to hand over my phone because I would be distracted by it, even though I didn't have any signal, they just wanted to be completely sure that I would get better.
That night we would gather around the campfire, the staff members were there, and the other people in the program. The staff introduced me, and I was kinda awkwardly sitting there, but the other people in the program were very inviting as well.
They told me about the program, they had big smiles on their faces and they looked genuinely happy. They showed interest in me, asking me where I came from, what my goal was, told me about their issues and how the program have really helped them so far.
I felt like I wasn't alone, and that I could actually be helped. Almost all my suspicion disappeared. The heat of the fire was getting a bit hot, so I took off my flannel, revealing some of my tattoos. People in the group were very interested in my tattoos.
I had a tribal tattoo that looked like waves, with a boat sailing on the waves. I said it was because one of my best friends was in the navy, and he sadly lost his life in was, and I had the tattoo out of respect for him.
One of the staff member showed me his tattoo. It was a tattoo on his forearm. It looked like a ''Phi'' symbol from the Greek alphabet, but instead of the circle, it was an eye. He said he got the tattoo when he ''Reached enlightenment''.
I didn't know what that meant, but you know, I don't judge, we all got our things, and I was just happy he ''reached his enlightenment''.
As I was getting ready for bed, one of the other people in the program came up to me and told me ''Welcome to the program, one piece of advice, make sure to smile.'' I thought he meant that we had to smile so we don't bring down the mood for the other people and we keep things positive.
So I brushed off what he said, and made sure to keep a positive mindset.
The next day we did all kinds of activities, we painted, we went fishing, we had a couple (Non alcoholic) drinks and it was a very good experience.
When I was getting another drink from the cooler, one of the staff members came up to me, saying that I had a very rough look, with the tattoos and I had a cut in my eyebrow from a bar fight when someone pulled out a knife and tried to cut my face.
I told him about the fight I've gotten in, and said that I could ''basically defend myself''. He said that if I'd like, I could sign up for a boxing match that would be happening that night. He said that they would have boxing matches, so the people could blow off some steam, and since I had a history of fighting he thought it would be something for me. I was actually very excited, so I decided to sign up.
That night I put on the boxing gloves and fought one of the other people in the program. It was a close match but I managed to win. He was laying on the ground, still consious. As I was celebrating they told me to ''End the fight''.
I had a very confused look on my face, the fight ended, he coulnd't fight anymore and I won. But every staff member kept chanting ''End the fight''. I realised I had to kill him. The man that welcomed me at the door, told everyone to be quiet and he told me ''End the fight, prove to yourself that you have what it takes to make a change. Otherwise you don't have what it takes, and we would be forced to take matters in our own hands.'' while putting one hand on a revolver. When I looked around, I saw the other people in the program just silently looking at me. Their eyes looked empty. All of them knew what had to be done, because they were once in my spot.
I realised that if I didn't kill the man in front of me, I would be the one that would not make it out of here. I looked at the mans face, he had this facial expression that begged me for mercy, but he also understood what had to be done. I shut off my mind, and my survival instinct just took over. I killed that man with my bare hands.
I came to the realisation that this wasn't a program to help people get better. This is a cult. And now that I killed that man, I had officially joined the cult.
I walked up to the man who greeted me at the gate the next day, as I got the impression that he was most likely the leader of the cult. I overheard some staff members drop the name ''Head of Order Edgar'', so as I walked towards him I said ''Edgar?'' and he looked up and asked what was wrong?
I tried to maintain calm but couldn't really contain myself and I asked ''What the fuck was that all about yesterday?'' in a very shaken voice. Edgar told me that I had to choose a new path in life, that I had to make a change in my life, and have the strength to make a life or death decision. As the was telling me these things, I noticed the ''Phi'' tattoo in Edgar's neck. The exact same one the other fella showed me before.
I looked at him with a scared but understanding face, while in my mind all I could think was ''These guys are absolutely nuts.'' I knew I had to escape somehow, even though it could be my death with all the wildlife out there, I had to at least try.
The next few days I went along with all their activities, while trying to figure out the patterns of the cult members. I managed to find an oppurtunity to escape. I noticed that every night, after all the program members would go to sleep, the cult members would gather around and they would have a few drinks.
I knew it was risky as it would be very easy to detect me if I were to sneak out, but I had to try.
So after a couple nights, I gathered the courage to sneak out. I slightly opened the door and I noticed the cult members gathered around the campfire. There were even more cult members then I thought, all dressed in the dress shirts, long beards, suspenders etcetera. I sneaked out of the cabin and the door cracked as I opened it.
The cult members heard the sound but brushed it off, but they did stay on their guard. I thought about sneaking back inside the cabin but I knew this had to be my moment, now I had the courage to make a move. I decided to keep going, and sneak towards a weaker spot in the wooden walls.
As I got closer to the wooden wall, a dog in a cage started barking at me. I panicked and kicked down the weak part of the wall and managed to get out of the walls. I felt so free, but I wasn't out there yet. I didn't have time to think and I heard the cult members scream and load weapons.
I didn't think about anything, I just started running, and I heard the screaming get further and further away. I just kept running, I had no idea what way I was running, where I was, it was pitch dark, I guess around 3 am. I heard bullets whizzing by my head, bullets hitting the trees, right next to me.
I zigzagged and all my legs could do was just run. I kept hearing the screaming in the distance, then it got closer and closer and I kept hearing bullet whizzing by. Then out of nowhere, I felt a sharp pain in my leg, I tried to get up but my leg felt heavy, I thought I was struck by as bullet, but my leg got caught in a bear trap. I tried to pry it open, I screamed from the pain, the screaming from the cult members got closer and closer. My heart was raising. And as I looked up I was looking directly into the face of a cult member, with his weapon leaning on his shoulder. He didn't look happy.
They dragged me through the woods, like I was some kind of animal. They said that they had a place for ''people like me''. They dragged me to a tiny shed deep into the woods. It had no windows, just some very small holes in the wood of the shed that let some light from the upcoming sun in.
They strapped me to a chair, and put tape over my mouth. I heard the sound of a shotgun getting cocked behind me. I felt a very cold metal rod getting pushed into the side of my head, the barrel of the shotgun. I was breathing very heavily, I couldn't scream. I felt one single tear roll down my face.
As I looked through one of the holes in the shed, I was looking at the sunrise. I heard a gunshot, and all my pain disappeared. All I could see was Edgar welcoming new people at the gate, as he smiled and said ''Aahhh, hunting season.''
submitted by Peanuttttssss
to scarystories [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:18 Critical-Part8283 Renter Allowing Dogs to go on Carpets
West Virginia. A friend owns a house and rents out the bottom half. Renter lets dogs do their business all over carpets. Won’t stop. Is eviction the only solution? Give a written notice for so many days? Or other ideas?
submitted by Critical-Part8283
to legaladvice [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:17 DONSEANOVANN I have been blocked by every single girl I've been with except one. Why?
25(M) To sum it up, I've been in nothing but great long term relationships that just didn't work out. We all stayed friends except for one of them and recently, two of my exes reached out. One of them wanted to catch some dinner and catch up, and the other was just wanting to FaceTime and chat for a bit. My last ex blocked me on all social media and married some guy 3 months later (I probably was being cheated on, I know), yet, the ones that reached out now have me blocked on everything. I wasn't sexual, over friendly, or anything. Most of them just talked about work and old memories, that's it. Even girls I had short term relationships with have me blocked. I'm not abusive and all of my relationships ended on good terms. Any idea what this could be?
I don't post pictures of me with other girls and have been single over a year now, so them being jealous isn't a question.
Is it me?
submitted by DONSEANOVANN
to TooAfraidToAsk [link] [comments]